Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Imhara_Silvine

Veteran's Day

I am a 6 year veteran of the United States Navy. I've had hard times and good, late nights and early days. I work hard. At sea, I maintain systems to defend my brothers and sisters in arms, who fight for our freedoms. On shore, I help (indirectly) support my sick and wounded brethren, so they may fight another day.

Today, I give thanks to my brethren. To the ones far away from home, who continue to fight. To those who came before me, who sacrificed their time while I was still too young to do so. And most of all, I thank those who have given their lives, both in history and more recently, fighting on our country's behalf.

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone.

• Upvote 3

Happy veteran's day to you too. Everyone in different states gets no school today but sadly I do. Oh well :P

In Canada it is also Remembrance Day, so...

*salute*

"On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month... we will remember them."

• Upvote 2

Amen to that. I thank any and every veteran I meet.

Thank you for your service, Imhara. I grew up a child of the US Army. My father is a Veteran of the Vietnam War, and I am thankful for him, for you, and for all others who served, now and past. I'm no member of the military, but part of my work is in engineering tools that will help keep you and all our other fighters safe from harm so you can come home.

Again, thank you for your service, Imhara. It won't be dishonored, forgotten, or unnoticed.

Thank you for your service, Imhara. I grew up a child of the US Army. My father is a Veteran of the Vietnam War, and I am thankful for him, for you, and for all others who served, now and past. I'm no member of the military, but part of my work is in engineering tools that will help keep you and all our other fighters safe from harm so you can come home.

Again, thank you for your service, Imhara. It won't be dishonored, forgotten, or unnoticed.

I had an ancestor that died in the Vietnam war.. I'm Vietnamese o.o LOOP HOLES HAVE BEEN FOUND

I am a 6 year veteran of the United States Navy. I've had hard times and good, late nights and early days. I work hard. At sea, I maintain systems to defend my brothers and sisters in arms, who fight for our freedoms. On shore, I help (indirectly) support my sick and wounded brethren, so they may fight another day.

Today, I give thanks to my brethren. To the ones far away from home, who continue to fight. To those who came before me, who sacrificed their time while I was still too young to do so. And most of all, I thank those who have given their lives, both in history and more recently, fighting on our country's behalf.

I thank you, Imhara, for your service and that of all your brethren in the Armed Forces past, present, and future. Without all of you, our country would not be what it is today nor what it hopefully can become. (Step-grandfather was in WWII Air Force. Sadly, he never talked much about it.)

I thank you, Imhara for your service  as well as my dad and uncles who all served in different theaters during the vietnam conflict. My dad served as Crash/Rescue in the Air Force, while my uncles both served in Army.