Stoneheart

Stoneheart's Mustang project.

doing a recap i just realised you had a 6cyl but that is some stupidly low mileage. 

so whats next on the list of things or adventures or...? i is curious

Well, when the weather warms up, i'll be pulling the head and re-seating the valves. 1 and 6 are still leaking compression and not giving full power without serious octain boost.

Down the road, she's getting longtube headers and glasspacks. And likely tripower carbs.

So, ever since I started driving the Mustang to work, it's had a thrumming vibration that shows up under certain conditions... Thought it was U-joints for the longest time... Went to finally check them, and they were just fine....

Tns out, my transmission crossmember is missing a couple nuts on the bolts that it hangs from.... So, there's some play.... Gonna order those as soon as I sell another commission.....

Also time to start replacing vac lines. Starting to show signs of leaks that could be problematic. XD

Ok, so... Vac lines were fine....  The issue, was the ignition and carburetor....Carburetor rebuild kit... 

New ignition coil

New condnser

New distributor cap

New ditributor rotor

And, new igition points.

$150 in parts, and two weeks of pulling my hair out trying to find the issue.... We're back on the road stronger than ever.

All these original parts... $100+ to replace..... 

IMG_20180218_171105.jpg