Chat Has Moved! Please see the TailsRefuge News thread for more info!- TR Staff

Welcome to Tails Refuge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Red

Red's Art Circle

1005 posts in this topic

Thanks Bysector, Buzzwolf, and Chinona for agreeing to participate with me on this. I discussed it with you guys and since you each tend to use different sites and check them at odd times it would be a good idea to have a main thread for us here to share what we are up to. So try to post something at least a week to get us started and once we get into a good groove we can do something more exciting!

I suppose I should go first! Since starting this I've uploaded a choice doodle from a sketch batch of my character Halsy.

1471997657.redhusky_hswimsuit1.jpg

And I finished a thank you pic sketch for Razi for helping with the last contest.

1472122967.redhusky_razigrasssketch.jpg

well this is the 200X200 pixel image i did for rycher's birthday

Rycher- Verice.gif

4 minutes ago, Bysector said:

well this is the 200X200 pixel image i did for rycher's birthday

Rycher- Verice.gif

Nice, I checked out the site you made this on. It's quite interesting.

Edited by Red

Yeah, it's a nice easy one to use. Much better than using 'paint' on the computer 

Only problem is I'm slightly colour-blind so I some times have to ask a friend to tell my the difference between dark reds and browns 

saw one of the age of sigmar knight models and just wanted to draw one so much!

DSC_0188.JPG

3 hours ago, Bysector said:

saw one of the age of sigmar knight models and just wanted to draw one so much!

DSC_0188.JPG

I'm into MTG so the WH figurines are all greek to me. I like the draw though.

Kalki wants to join us so welcome to him!

Cool :-D 

So what type of magic deck do you use 

48 minutes ago, Bysector said:

Cool :-D 

So what type of magic deck do you use 

Mostly green/white deck with some blue here and there.

Cool

I normally use a pure black deck which has like over 20 death spells and resurrection spells or a green/white deck which is about life gain

It's great :-) 

How do you do the hands 

7 minutes ago, Bysector said:

It's great :-) 

How do you do the hands 

One agonizing step at a time! X3

Hehe 

The best I can do for hands is fists 

If it's a gauntlet I'm okay, because you can miss out details like nails, crinkle in the skins and stuff

Doing a doodle of a freebie that am doing with Kasumi the Heifer shark really awesome chick.  This is the rough sketch work.

chinkas.jpg

Hey chinona, do you use a (I think it's called)  a digital pad or something to put the colour in and stuff 

Yeah I use a tablet - normally I have an Intuos 3 Extra large however since I'm in England am using Silver and Kits Bamboo Pen Small

Hey, where are you in England chinona 

Hello all! What I've been focusing on lately is capturing likeness and searching around for a style that can take advantage of both line-work and painterly values (it's been tough). While this is my main goal, I'll likely be putting up other fun stuff I'm working on.

For my opening post, I've got two different things going on.

First: Some attempts at doing some likeness sketches. I used the HACK FRAUDS over at RedLetterMedia as my inspiration. Going for likeness, simplicity and slight exaggeration. This feels like the first step, so a lot of these are quite rough. Scanned: Col-erase pencil in one of my sketchbooks. More of these studies to come.

rlmsketches.jpg

And second, was two attempts for the "create your own pokemon" contest going on in the Art Section. I felt like using these are inking practice and trying out new non-destructive coloring methods. Neither will be actually used for the contest, as I don't really care for either one outside of being fun practice. The caribou one will be colored.

KaltibouV2.jpg

Abadoldile.jpg

7 hours ago, Chinona said:

Doing a doodle of a freebie that am doing with Kasumi the Heifer shark really awesome chick.  This is the rough sketch work.

chinkas.jpg

It looks like they are DBZ fighting! X3

14 minutes ago, Kalki Vandal said:

Hello all! What I've been focusing on lately is capturing likeness and searching around for a style that can take advantage of both line-work and painterly values (it's been tough). While this is my main goal, I'll likely be putting up other fun stuff I'm working on.

For my opening post, I've got two different things going on.

First: Some attempts at doing some likeness sketches. I used the HACK FRAUDS over at RedLetterMedia as my inspiration. Going for likeness, simplicity and slight exaggeration. This feels like the first step, so a lot of these are quite rough. Scanned: Col-erase pencil in one of my sketchbooks. More of these studies to come.

rlmsketches.jpg

And second, was two attempts for the "create your own pokemon" contest going on in the Art Section. I felt like using these are inking practice and trying out new non-destructive coloring methods. Neither will be actually used for the contest, as I don't really care for either one outside of being fun practice. The caribou one will be colored.

KaltibouV2.jpg

Abadoldile.jpg

What's HACK FRAUDS? It sounds interesting.

3 minutes ago, Red said:

What's HACK FRAUDS? It sounds interesting.

It's an inside joke they use to refer to themselves. RedLetterMedia is a group of friends from Wisconsin who make indie films and web shows. They gained some web popularity from an extremely entertaining review/breakdown of the Star Wars prequels (which I highly recommend everyone sees). They also have a popular show called Best Of The Worst, that functions similar to Mystery Science Theater 3000, with the exception that they breakdown the movies after they watch them and decide which ones are entertaining, if any. These guys are great fun if you're a fan of b-movies, cult films, and movies in general.

Just now, Kalki Vandal said:

It's an inside joke they use to refer to themselves. RedLetterMedia is a group of friends from Wisconsin who make indie films and web shows. They gained some web popularity from an extremely entertaining review/breakdown of the Star Wars prequels (which I highly recommend everyone sees). They also have a popular show called Best Of The Worst, that functions similar to Mystery Science Theater 3000, with the exception that they breakdown the movies after they watch them and decide which ones are entertaining, if any. These guys are great fun if you're a fan of b-movies, cult films, and movies in general.

I'll check it out.

What would you call your pokemon