Chat Has Moved! Please see the TailsRefuge News thread for more info!- TR Staff

Welcome to Tails Refuge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rune

Rune's Artsy Things!

65 posts in this topic

Hey guys~ I know I have a commission thread already, but here is where I will be posting personal work, and maybe even some of my photographs~ I will also be making gifs of my layer breakdowns, and maybe even a few tutorials on my work process~ Oh and also work in progress shots!

If anyone has any questions as to how I do my stuff, feel free to ask as well~ I would love to give my input as an artist to help those of you that aspire to be artists as well!

Just remember, practice is everything!

Edited by Rune

I'm gonna start with a WIP of a sort of pinup i'm doing

there's two versions of it, this one and a NSFW version without clothing. I aim for it to end as a painted piece, but I'm struggling to work up the inspiration to complete i

pinup.jpg

got all of the flats done now, just have to add shading~ 

rune.jpg

SO! when me and my Fiance met for the first time, it was on that snazzy little roleplay programme Furcadia. Even though he technically wasn't a fur, that weirdo >.> <3

*coughs* anyway

His character on there was a black panther (what the fuck brain, i typed blank panther...), and recently i've been wanting to draw super cuddly shit of us, so i started designing this character from way-back-when

....well all I have right now is a sketch, so that's all you get! >:U (jkiluall, but all i really do have right now is a sketch)

it's still a super WIP because I dunno yet what I want to do for design, color, etc but he's a meow and his name is Rysune :3

rysune.jpg

I've started Shading this piece. I'm not entirely sure how I like it, but as I've already started it, i may as well finish it, eh? I'm using a new brush pack I recently got from Kyle Brush, and I'm still getting the hang of them. This one is an acrylic brush! (note that I've only done detailing on the tail)

runewip.jpg

So i need help in deciding which look would best fit my Fiance! In the end, I am ultimately going to let him decide and probably sell whichever one he doesn't want, buuuutttt what do you guys think?

rysune2.jpg

3 hours ago, Rune said:

So i need help in deciding which look would best fit my Fiance! In the end, I am ultimately going to let him decide and probably sell whichever one he doesn't want, buuuutttt what do you guys think?

rysune2.jpg

Based on the differences between the two, as I know nothing about the person this is supposed to reflect, I feel like the design on the left is more interesting. What is their personality like? The feeling I'm getting from both designs is sort of sassy, stand-offish and a bit more on the feminine side.

Just now, Kalki Vandal said:

Based on the differences between the two, as I know nothing about the person this is supposed to reflect, I feel like the design on the left is more interesting. What is their personality like? The feeling I'm getting from both designs is sort of sassy, stand-offish and a bit more on the feminine side.

He's a lot like me, really. Super weird, nerdy, book-savvy. He knows all the histories of Skyrim, if that says anything ;P

The slender figure is because he is 6' tall and can't get his weight above 145lbs because of super metabolism, and slim legs because irl he has native american blood (cree) and has chicken legs

17 minutes ago, Rune said:

He's a lot like me, really. Super weird, nerdy, book-savvy. He knows all the histories of Skyrim, if that says anything ;P

The slender figure is because he is 6' tall and can't get his weight above 145lbs because of super metabolism, and slim legs because irl he has native american blood (cree) and has chicken legs

I know the body-type well, as I am practically the same thing hahaha. You definitely got the physique down. 

Just now, Kalki Vandal said:

I know the body-type well, as I am practically the same thing hahaha. You definitely got the physique down. 

you men need to stop with that

though, having a living furnace in the winter is a plus i suppose....

I've finished it~

rysune.jpg

24 minutes ago, Rune said:

I've finished it~

rysune.jpg

Fancy!

That ref turned out great Limi! The colors you went work well. Those spots must have been fun.

16 minutes ago, Kalki Vandal said:

That ref turned out great Limi! The colors you went work well. Those spots must have been fun.

They were actually not too terrible to do. Normally i DREAD having to do snow leopard spots, but the brush sets i now have make it so much easier and faster

And thank you~

finished this this morning

watercolour + coloured pencil + inks

rune.jpg

First time working with acrylics, six hours of work so far

IMAG3029.jpg

6 hours ago, Rune said:

First time working with acrylics, six hours of work so far

IMAG3029.jpg

How goes the the "leavey" drawing?

7 hours ago, Red said:

How goes the the "leavey" drawing?

Talkin bour the commission i was doing in that one stream?

6 hours ago, Rune said:

Talkin bour the commission i was doing in that one stream?

Yes, that one.

1 minute ago, Red said:

Yes, that one.

still working on it! But i've had these canvases sitting there staring at me for the last month, and i've been meaning to do this project for a while

2 minutes ago, Rune said:

still working on it! But i've had these canvases sitting there staring at me for the last month, and i've been meaning to do this project for a while

I get you. I have a pic that I need to shade for like months and I keep doing that. I do that quite often it seems. X3

Almost done with this painting~ All that's left to do is the characters (who are blocked in blue currently)

I need to work with background studies more because this isn't...great...

waterfallsandjdh.jpg

35 minutes ago, Rune said:

Almost done with this painting~ All that's left to do is the characters (who are blocked in blue currently)

I need to work with background studies more because this isn't...great...

waterfallsandjdh.jpg

It's not as bad as you think, but I can see what you're talking about. Real nice job on the character poses, and the renderings of waterfall is really awesome. It looks like one of the characters is lifting up a frond with their hand, as if there's a lot of overgrowth going on. You could amp up the quantity and types of plant-life in the left-hand corner, make it a foreground element, and narrow the value range of the rocky wall. That could give you some BG depth, help strengthen the composition AND amply the story in the character's action.