Chat Has Moved! Please see the TailsRefuge News thread for more info!- TR Staff

Welcome to Tails Refuge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stoneheart

Nerf Crusader Customs

33 posts in this topic

Good day, and Welcome!

Not sure how many people will be interested enough to follow this thread, but figured I'd put it up just in case. Here I will post all the content i can covering the custom builds I put together, be it Nerf blasters, or some other fun thing....

so, i'll start with some of my older work from last summer, and work up to present. I'll only post one job at a time, so i don't flood the thread with massive posts, then nothing for weeks/months... XD 

so, to all interested parties, this is my work, and I am generally open for commission. Rates vary depending on the details of the job, but often times they hover around $25-ish for paint and a couple very basic performance mods. More if any fabrication is involved, or parts are ordered.

Thanks for stopping by,

Enjoy the exhibit! 

This was the first in a set of four one of my best clients started with last year. A Rampage Sonic Ice series blaster.

this one recieved a spring enhancement for power, air restriction removal for further performance boost, and custom paint for the blaster and accompanying magazine in forest camoflage finished in satin clear.

image.jpg

Nerf Rapidstrike

this one, was the only one I've done, that only recieved paint. So, I had to make sure it was good. 

Two shades of dark brown faded together, topped with an over coat of sand baige, finished in satin clear again with a matching magazine.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nerf Longstrike

this blaster recieved a spring upgrade, restrictor removal, and a rebuilt priming lever because the original one had been destroyed. Turned out looking original matching, so i was fairly happy with it.

paint is another three colour layer, two levels of grey faded together and a layer of white camouflage over top. Finished in satin clear over the entire blaster, complete with a matching drum magazine and two aditional 6-round clips.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Stoneheart

That's actually really good!

What can you actually as to a nerf gun? I planned on getting the z strike revolver some time soon, just cuz I really like revolvers!

7 minutes ago, IT. said:

That's actually really good!

What can you actually as to a nerf gun? I planned on getting the z strike revolver some time soon, just cuz I really like revolvers!

The hammershot? Theres lots you can do to most any nerf gun, from spring swaps, air restrictor removal, smoother ait tubes (those are spendy though) metal internals vs plastic, it goe on for days... And thats without touching on the fabrication possibilities i brign to my guns at all! XD

i'm working on a crossfire right now, that will knock some socks off for sure! When its done, it'll be on here, my FB page, as well as debuting my Youtube chanel.

I'm actually going to be doing a few hammershots in the next month or so.... So, if you do want one, i can pick up an extra somewhere... (Fair warning, it'll be higher cost than an off the shelf stock blaster, but it'll be 7x better)

I'll check the price on it here, in really just looking for custom details, the power boost would be great, but some  changes to how the gun looks would be great to!

I have a couple nerf guns and parts just sitting around, like the Recon CS-6 with all its parts. I have a mounted shield to, but not the gun it came with.

I'm totaly up for that. 

Recons are also a pretty good base to build. Smooth, simple, and full of potential. I've done a few of those.

i actually have one on que next to build right now! XD

Edited by Stoneheart

Cool, of love to see you fire some of those!

I'll be posting videos to Youtube of most all my builds from now on, whenever possible.

Slingfire

this one was fun, but challenging. Enhanced spring, air restrictor was left intact by necessity of design, custom paint.

five colour fall camouflage inspired by Call of Duty Ghosts Autumn camo by request.

hand wrapped linens. 

Took  five attempts to get the paint right, layers kept fading into eachother and losing the pattern.

image.jpg

image.jpg

CROSSFIRE

This, was a big project. Steel fabricated, rifle blued, leather wrapped, prime lever. Strengthened internal backstop to withstand a 15lb spring. Re-sealed air system. To my knowledge, the ONLY crossfire with a retracting prime lever, eliminating all drag on the plunger, affording full power to forward output. And, custom paint finished in semigloss, with a leather wrapped grip.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll be posting videos of building the Crossfire soon, but i want to wait a bit till I deliver it first... So the client who paid for it, sees it before the rest of his group does.

RETALIATOR

This one was simple, just an air restrictor removal, and safety locks removed as well. Spring modification, and custom paint.

And of course, a Nerf Crusader shield on the slide.

image.jpg

image.jpg

TADA!!!! The build video... Please excuse my horrible beginner level filming, i've only just begun....

Currently working on fabricating steel internals for a few Hammershots i'll be selling at an event in may.

Have you ever thought about working on airsoft guns?

3 hours ago, IT. said:

Have you ever thought about working on airsoft guns?

I've done a few airsoft guns in the past, years ago... Different platform altogether, but also very fun.

I just got a shotgun (more like a pump action rifle) and a pistol. I need to get some sort of suppressor to help with accuracy and noise. The shotgun I'm trying to use needs some sort of laser, there is NO way to aim it. Hip firing is the only real way to fire.

8 hours ago, IT. said:

I just got a shotgun (more like a pump action rifle) and a pistol. I need to get some sort of suppressor to help with accuracy and noise. The shotgun I'm trying to use needs some sort of laser, there is NO way to aim it. Hip firing is the only real way to fire.

I could look around for materials and fashion something for it, if you're real serious about needing one. I too have "shotgun" airsoft, its a Mosberg M590 tactical. Cool looking, but mine cracked just in front of the pistol grip... I could probably fix it now, but never bothered...

That would be great, the model I have I might just ditch. I need an automatic one soon. There is a P90 im looking at, since I like the fire rate... What paint jobs can you do?

27 minutes ago, IT. said:

That would be great, the model I have I might just ditch. I need an automatic one soon. There is a P90 im looking at, since I like the fire rate... What paint jobs can you do?

If you can think it, i can probably do it... So long as its not some complex graphic... I can do camouflages, stripe, detail marking, tactical, gloss finish or flat on any colours, what i have posted here, is only a small example of what i can do.

Also, i had a friend who ran a Hekler&Kosch G-36 as his primary, and that thing was crazy good.

Edited by Stoneheart

Zeus

(2)

Rival Series

This was a fun pair. Completely hardwired, streamlined mechanics, fully de-locked. Perfect fir adding battery upgrades, but they'll still run stock setup.

full custom paint, hand weathered and tactical flat finished over the full blaster, even the orange tips.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg