Figured I'd start a topic for my bike, like i did for the Mustang. Its fun and i like to share. .↵

As some of you may know, I have owned and enjoyed my Harley Davidson Sportster for over 7 years now. ↵

Back on August 6th, 2017, someone made an illegal left hand turn in front of me, cutting me off, resulting in my beloved firstborn being totaled by the insurance. 

Since then i've been working nearly every night after work to rebuild him. This thread is for anyone interested in tracking the progress, after the catchup to where i've built to.

This is the damage, after i got him home...

(i'll add more shots from home tonight.)

KIMG0030.JPG

KIMG0031.JPG

KIMG0028.JPG

not sure if how easy it is to tell in this one, but that fork tube is bent nearly 40 degrees....

image9.JPG

Once the insurance payments came through, I began ordering parts. 

Frame, front forks, wheel, tire, dozzens of other small bits.... 

In my opinion, it already was... XD But, there is always room for improvement. The FIRST thing I did, was order and assemble the new Moto Iron springer front end, and I LOVE ow this thing looks.

The next thing to arrive, was the new frame. So, I got to work swapping the rear swingarm onto the new frame to make it a rolling chassis.

KIMG0069.JPG

Heres the front femder sitting on the tire. Forgot to add this to the last post...

KIMG0072.JPG

This is what was left of the original bike once i had the new frame together, before i started switching parts over....

KIMG0070.JPG

Next step was pull all the electrical and oil pan out, and drop the engine out of the old frame.

KIMG0073.JPG

KIMG0074.JPG

A few days later i got time to put the engine into the new frame! In this picture it's only half hung. Not all the brackets were installed yet.

KIMG0078.JPG

Once i finished the mounting brackets, i put the foot controls and handlebars back on.    At this point, theres a buncq of small important hard to see bits to do. Mostly electrical, so these posts may be less exciting and less frequent till I get to the final stages.

KIMG0081.JPG

IMG_20171103_165237.JPG

Edited by Stoneheart

Hooked up my turn signals, only to find i need another part.... Apparently my current load equalizer for the LED turn signals at the rear, cant handle finally converting the fronts to LED as well..... So, thats ordered...

The new equalizer arrived the other day. I've been way to busy to even touch it. But i've got a long weekend for the holiday, and great expectations.

Didn't take long to install the euqalizer. Got my front lighting running correctly. Heres some shots on and off.

IMG_20171125_172946.JPG

KIMG0095.JPG

KIMG0094.JPG

Sdt the fender on, and half bolted the fuel tank. Starting fitment and final trim. Still a lot to be dome, but progress is slowly being made....

KIMG0102.JPG

Managed to get a bit more done over the weekend. New risers under the handlebars, drive beld and pulleys back on, and the last of the bulbs changed after the last bits of wiring. 

We're finally getting close folks. Just an exhaust to build brakes to bleed, and a seat to mount. Thats all the major bits left.

Got the brakes together, but not bled yet. Also replaced a couple random bolts, and welded a nut to the frame, for mounting the seat and the fuel tank.

With the long holiday weekend coming up, i am hoping to get the last of this project together and opperational for the new year.

Due to excessively cold weather, i have not been able to do much anything in the garage. It may be a while before i can post another update on this build.

Finally got the fuel tank bolted on and hooked up today! Planning on grabbing some fuel in the morning to start him up for the first time since the tear down.