Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stout

Root Canals?

Probably a weird topic, but I had an emergency this past weekend and found out I have a severe infection from an abscess in my front tooth. Good times! 
I'm currently waiting for my procedure this Friday. I've never had a root canal before and it's honestly quite terrifying as I have been traumatized by the dentist in my youth (jaw surgery, all baby teeth extracted, four molars surgically removed, laser therapy, and braces for eight years). 

SO, tell me about your root canal experience. The good, the bad, and the ugly. 
I want to mentally prepare myself for this terror or relief. lol 

A lot of those I have talked to already said the procedure itself was fairly painless.

I had them put me under so I thankfully don't remember it.

I had one done a couple years ago, the techniques they use these days compared to even ten years ago has advanced vastly, they didn't even put me under for it. once they got through the top part they did have to re-numb the tooth itself before they kept going, but even that was a momentary twinge as the nerve got bumped, aside from that it was just a weird vibration, like pressing with yer head against a the side of a running vacuum pretty much till the end of the procedure

Yeah, I'm not being put under for this one. Just numbed up a lot. 
Thank you for these responses! They do help quite a bit.