Etain

Anime!

Three questions! 

Uno: If you had a friend that had never watched anime, which one would you recommend/insist they watch first?

Dos: What is your favorite anime?

Tres: What was the first anime you remember watching?

I would likely recommend a ghibli movie.... and I am pretty in love with Brain Powered, but my dvd's broke :(

My introduction was samurai pizza cats

Start them on an anime that has already ended. Giving them something that they can watch through and know they've experienced it all helps. Start them on something like One Piece? The anime is at 848 episodes already and is no where near finished. Start them on that and they'll probably watch one episode while you're there and never touch it again.

My favorites are My Hero Academia, One Piece, Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man, and Osomatsu San.

The first I watched was Dragon Ball Z Kai when it ran on Nicktoons Network. The Kai version was made family friendly by editing out all the blood and gore, for instance, when Piccolo shoots a hole through Goku and Raditz, all that's there is a scuffed up burn mark instead of a gaping bloody hole

Fullmetal alchemist I find is a great beginning one, or soul eater.

fullmetal was my first

some of my faves are Hero Academia and fullmetal, Naruto is good too. Interview with monster girls is a good one.

There are a few I would recommend to a friend that has never watched anime before. Oran Highschool Host Club, Yuri on Ice, Death Note, or Assassination Classroom. It would all depend  on the kind of person they are.

Favorite anime is hard. There are so many anime I like that I really can't choose. 

The first anime I ever remember watching is Pokemon. After that, Yu-Gi-Oh, after that Inuyasha.

• Upvote 1

Uno:  I would recommend Avatar or Legend of Kora.  I've only watched bits of Avatar, but I enjoyed it thoroughly, its got enough action, character development, and dynamic storyline.  I would suggest Yu Yu Hakusho, but that is kind of very repetitive, but somehow oddly entrancing with its repetition.  like it's not a bad repetition, but it definitely is a fight this fight them fight you fight me fight fight fight kind of show.  its like kneading bread, but every time you kneed you add in a new ingredient.  you get multiple layers and it balances itself out with philosophical expressions of humanity, darkness, light, and so on and so forth.  Any of the Studio Ghibli.....I want to binge them.  I also recommend Evangelion.  While I've not watched the original, and only have seen the 1.01 "you are not alone" revamp, I *thoroughly* enjoyed it.  There's a high school romance one I have too but I lost it and then just recently, AFTER SEVEN YEARS found it and need to rewatch.  The bits of Inuyasha I've seen were good.  I hella enjoy the humor and action of Dragon Ball (any of them, though beerus is particularly endearing, as is Majin Bu's childish demeanor paired with his power).  Desert punk was also great for the few episodes I watched.  Robotech was cheesy but enjoyable lol, good for early teens.  Eureka 7 jerks yo feels, soul eater has a fun bit of humor and relationshipping that I enjoyed.  Sword art online.  BLAME! was a good Netflix original as well.  Netflix original anime's are like....top notch from my experience.  but ANYTHING funimation gets a high recommendation from me.

Dos: Yu Yu Hakusho is probably my favorite, not just because of what I noted above, but it's my best friend's favorite, and he pretty much watched through the whole thing with me.  fun times with drinking, hookah, and just chilling are associated with this show.

Tres: Probably Pokémon or digimon.

I never realized how anime nerdy I was.  I never really pegged myself as such.

Idk if Avatar and Legend of Korra count, since it was made by a Western studio and anime is usually Japanese-made animated shows. Both are very good, but personally I lost interest in Korra while episodes were coming out during season 1. It dragged on for a lot of that bit, and I just couldn't justify taking the time to watch more

Uno: maybe avatar which is a good story

Or one piece which is funny and just started 

Dos: I think gintama is an amazing anime. Its one of those massive animes which makes fun of other shows and things in life, aswell as itself

Tres: either dbz but it was only 3 episodes at the time or ultimate muscle, an amazing anime which is like dbz but lowers the power from destroying galaxies to the strongest maybe taking out a building with his hands which is fun :-)

ive got Kill la kill and ghost in the shell in my list.  I have ALOT in my list of things to watch.  just gotta get there lol

Am I really that much older than you guys that none of you watched samurai pizza cats or sailor moon as it aired on tv? Before Cartoon Network was really a thing... >_>

I missed Samurai Pizza Cats by about 6 years lol, born in 1996

I grew up on boomerang and cn and was fed all the anime I mentioned through friends in college.

Gosh, y'all a bunch of 90's kids... 😞

yee, it me