ThomasTheSpaceFox

PCs, Laptops, and such.

Discussing PCs & laptops. ^.^

Some questions to help get things going:

• What Sorts of hardware are you running?
  • What do you use your PC(s)/Laptop(s) for?
  • what OS(es) do you use?
  • how messy is your computer desk? :p
  • do you have a super-customized rig?
  • any plans?

Myself:

I have my tiny Acer Aspire V5, with its 4GB RAM, 1 Ghz Dual Core AMD APU, with 512MB Kabini graphics running Linux with the XFCE desktop, ...and not much else :p

I use said Acer for programming, art, making music, web browsing, IRC chat, and playing a selection of open source games, like minetest and supertuxkart. :p

As far as plans, i wouldn't mind building a nice higher end rig, if i had the money that is. :p

Mines a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 rig with 16GB RAM, a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Runs with an Intel i7 processor and Windows 10 as the main setup and Linux as the virtual setup.

I use it for work - it contains software that I then bring to work to trial out, games such as Prison Architect and for planning out new LEGO models to make. I also use it for my photography and to store my GPS tracker data .

My computer desk is an absolute mess due to the paperwork and other stuff constantly being thrown around

HP Elitebook 8570w

Core i7 vPro

32GB RAM

3TB HDD + 512 SSD

Windows 10, macOS (i hackintoshed it for fun), and Linux on VM.

I mostly do school stuff, play CounterStrike:GlobalOffensive, Minecraft, and SuperTux.

My desktop is clean as an abandoned factory, which is to say it's a mess. Sometimes i clean it but whatever 😛