Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Razi

Project Goliad

The room is cavernous and poorly lit by blinking terminals on the far walls. There are ten large cylinders with an array of varied biological data going across the small monitors attached to each. Three of these cylinders appear to have malfunctioned or been opened already, the lights are dark the gentle hum of operating machinery silent. Suddenly the large screen at the center of the main wall flickers to life. A stream of data from the remaining bio-pods floods the screen and is gone in seconds. A detached and sexless voice vocalizes.

"Hello subjects, please leave this chamber through the nearest door to you to be outfitted in equipments suitable for your tasks ahead."

This message repeats every 3 minutes, with no change in tone or inflection, just the faintest hint of feed back crackling through the speakers.

I look around the creepy looking room "I feel like im in a SAW movie" Getting my shivering under control I carefully examine the room around me, wincing as a few cockroaches run past into their burrows in the wall. "Wonder if the Janitors on strike.." Then I turn my attention back to the opened door, hugging myself to keep from complete exposure to the cold feeling I receive from this depressing enviornment while I slowly walk towards the door. "Here we go.. I guess there's bigger things I regret..Hopefully" I push the ruined door completely open, poking my head through to inspect before putting my entire body at the mercy of whatever is in the next room.

A path of lights set into the floor lead the first subject away from the eastern side of the room. The walls and panels on that side having suffered damage from a busted pipe, allowing molds and other organics to colonize. The inset lights flicker fitfully at first, a layer of muck obscuring some. The pathway gets noticeably cleaner, but not until a set of humanoid sized foot prints are revealed in the growing brightness. Another door opens, this one leading to a dressing and supply room, one that seems to have been ransacked prior to your entry. There are bits and pieces of clothing, medical kits and weaponry all over. Perhaps with enough digging around you will spot something useable.

I have a look of worry in my eye, knowing that this entire situation I'm in does not look good at all. Fear is clearly noticeable in my movements, I still have myself clutched, but instead from cold its now more as a since of security while I traverse these dark corridors completely unarmed, and near naked. I start to drag a nail along the wall, just being able to touch something might calm my nerves but quickly pull it away as I feel a foreign substance attach itself to me "Gross.." Wipes it off on a cleaner part of the wall and shakes the excess from my finger swearing to myself before noticing the giant foot prints which cause me to stop, and back up a few steps "This can't be good at all...But I don't see anywhere else I can go" The dressing room is in my sights, and also evidence that someone has seen it too. "Please be friendly.." I say while I gently slides myself through the small opening in the door, not wanting the door to creak and alert anyone of my presence.

The jackal-headed man had been busy digging around in the supply room for a while now, sorting through the equipment to try and find anything useful. His mind was still warming up along with his body, adjusting from his cold sleep in one of the tubes back in the cavernous room. The cold air had felt sharp against his black hide, helping to wake him up, at least on some base level, and he had followed the automated voice to the supply room, his bare feet leaving an obvious trail of wetness behind him. He hadn't given much thought as to whether or not any of the other tubes would be going through their reanimation cycles....really he hadn't given much thought to anything besides trying to find something to eat or drink. This room was nicer than the one he left.....the fetid stench of the previous room still seemed to cling to him, even as the cryofluid evaporated from his skin. This place was cleaner and drier....and it had so many interesting tools that his mind was racing to sort out everything that he was seeing. Damn, that hibernation sickness.....if he could just have some coffee or some other stimulant the haze would dissipate that much more quickly.

He looked up suddenly as he heard footsteps coming up the hall behind him, tall ears standing erect and swiveling to home in on the noise. This was a test of some sort, he remembered that much, thought he wasn't certain what kind. Were there allies in this, or people hunting him? He put down a package that he had been examining earlier, and crouched around a corner, just behind the door of an open locker, watching and waiting to see who would be entering the room behind him. He could hear footsteps, soft and padded...not something that he would expect from jackbooted thugs with guns and other painful weapons.....but he would still be cautious and wait to see what came into view.

I was still in the process of recollecting my thoughts on whether I should make an appearance by calling out for other life, I pondered this in my head while I enter the dimly lit room, paws gripping my own arms so tight I think my nails may have left small abrasions on the skin underneath my furs as I prepared myself for whatever may be ahead. Initially entering the room, I take a look around, running my paws over surfaces. Not completely sure why, maybe I was hoping I'd find some kind of secret button or something that would help me, never the less I continued my curious inspection, looking at tattered clothing and other broken objects scattered across the floor. The top of my head and eyes were completely covered as I walked around until I found something I might deem useful. "Sweet!" I bend down and pick up something off the floor, looking it over its revealed to be a cap, I examine what might be on it before placing it on my head, low enough to where my eyes are completely covered, but my vision is still 20/20 for my trademark look. "Now if I can just find a phone next, that'd be great.." *kneels down and inspects my surroundings unknowing of the other subject which is behind me

Waking up in a tube wasn't the best way to wake up, yet it was better than not waking up at all. His surroundings were strange, alien, and his vision was slightly blurred around the edges. Was he drugged? Probably. He didn't remember going to sleep. His name... what was it? It took him longer than he thought to get that piece of information about himself into his mind. 'Rafael' 

He tried to move, hands moving from side to side, his big bushy tail twitching, finding resistance against the back and side walls of his sleeping quarters... a tube? He lifted a paw and rapped against the glass a couple times, aware of movement before him. He frowned as the noise wasn't near as satisfying as he meant it to be and set his hands about on finding a way to open it.

About two minutes later, it opened, depositing the racoon  before it, ears perking up at the instructions before he headed that way, scarcely a glance at the tubes behind him. He wasn't the first one out, it seemed.

Coming to the threshold of the room he was suppose to be getting gear from, he saw one figure inside, crouched and rooting around on the floor... he had what looked like a cap on his head. 

"... So, do you remember how you got here...a nd what we are to be grabbing?" he said, eyeing the room for anything either immediatly useful, or something that could be repaired with a bit of a twist of thought.

((Shit, I thought he was.

Jackel, Rafael doesn't see you

Edit to negate the second person inbound))

"Wah!?" The sudden voice of another being took me completely by surprise, the sudden rush of fear was quickly replaced by pain as the shock cause me to fall backwards and hit my head on the wall. "Fucking.. ouch" I rub my sore head in an attempt to eliminate my dizziness so I can deduce if this guy is a foe or not. "Who the hell are you" I place my palm on the cold ground and push upwards with my arm, standing myself back up on my two feet. With a disgusted expression on my face I begin to wipe the dust and other tiny debris off as it floats in the air after leaving my fur and disappears. While speaking to the stranger I frantically use my peripheral vision to search for an object that could be used as a weapon in case he became hostile, knowing my smaller stature I'd surely be overwhelmed in a grapple. "Well..?"

A speaker tucked away in the corner comes to life with a faint pop. "Occupents of storage ccompartment 12, continue gearing out and continue towards the testing areas. Incentive and speed will be rewarded." The speaker went quiet once more, the message accomp accompanied by the faint smell of over heated circutrity. Along the otherwise featureles hall past the entrance to the door way the faint sounds could be heard as the compound iinitialized the project's test protocols. Doors were opening, machines warming from their slumber.

The jackal-headed man remained crouched in his hiding spot, listening to another creature entering the room. As the first one is startled by the second he takes a chance to peek out from behind his locker and have a look at the two of them. They didn't strike him as a threat....just as recently out of cryo and just as confused as he was. And neither appeared to be armed. He crouched back down, looking over the gear that he managed to accumulate. A simple utility kilt, just the right size for him, along with an equipment belt where he can store useful things. A good sized knife, sheath included, and a compact medical kit. And a small package of dry energy bars. He slipped on the kilt slowly, to not make too much motion or noise, using the chatter between the two to hide his own sounds.

His mind cleared more as the fog of cryosleep lifted, and he put together his thoughts about the situation that he was in. A test in progress. Instructions to follow. He was a lab rat....though he was not certain who was calling the shots here, let alone why. The others here.....either they were test subjects as well, or they were part of the test. Best to watch them for now.....so he kept low, his dark form blending in the best it could, holding still as possible as he heard the next announcement crackle over the PA system. His attention was drawn to the door opening nearby, leading off to elsewhere in the gloomy compound. This should get very interesting quickly......

Alan had woken up some time ago. The time on the overhead display in the tube said he was to be released in 15 minutes, however, they had conveniently left a panic release for him to find on the inside of the tube. Not being fond of being trapped in a confined space waiting for a timer to run out, he opened the hatch. He gathered his surroundings and saw that there were others in the room with him, in  cylinders like the one he had just emerged from. He inspected each one, and noticed that none of them seemed to be capable of flash-freezing or anything, so he had to assume everyone had been placed inside these things recently. 

As soon as he stepped outside, a recording crackled to life, telling him to "proceed to the next room" He noted that they were being called subjects, he also noted that apparently they were being given tasks. He couldn't remember anything about why he was here, but that was becoming the norm for him. He wanted to linger, but he new he only had a few minutes before all the other cylinders would be opening, so he headed to the next room, where hopefully he could more accurately asses the situation. He looked around and noticed a series of lockers and crates, also there were some clothing and uniforms hanging on the walls, it was strangely neat and organized, some things even had numbers on them. Upon further inspection, he realized that the numbers corresponded with the numbers on the cylinders. He headed to his own section where he found some clothes, a few circuts, a spool of copper wire, a multi-tool (which he was happy to have) and a .38 Special revolver... He looked the weapon over, it had no bullets in it, but it made him wonder "what type of tasks are we being expected to do exactly?" He thought out loud. Suddenly he heard that word again, it was in his head, echoing faintly "no no no, not now" he tried to push it away. He proceeded a little further ahead through one door, which simply lead to a small room and another door. He figured it best not to get too far ahead. Maybe someone in one of the other cylinders would have an idea of what was going on. 

He heard movement in the equipment room, but he did not go out to meet them, he waited until he heard voices and then decided to come back in through the door, however, with his luck, a new recording came on and instructed them to move forward again. He looked at the others. "Any of you know what this is all about?"

Having nothing but the glass of a cylindrical prison to greet a person when they first wake up is never a pleasant experience. When the emerald-green eyes of the she-wolf snapped open, the faint, hushed sounds from the other side of the tube reaching her overly-sensitive ears, the girl sucked in a big breath of air. Where… Am I…? she asked herself, heart starting to thud a bit faster within her chest.

The wolfess bit her lip, and turned her head to try and look around her prison and find out what was happening. She could not see much, save for darkness, and the slight bit of light that filtered in from the window before her. She could see what looked like another form way off in the distance, within a small hallway before her, but what that figure was, the girl could not figure out. She knew something bad was going on… That she should be freaking out and trying to smash her cell and escape, but for some reason, her body was calmed, at ease… Had she been drugged?

Shaking her head, as best as she could, the girl sighed, and tried to look around again. She needed to find a way out, and fast – surely there was not a lot of oxygen within this tube, right? Even less than she was hoping, depending on how long she had been in there. Her paws reached out, pressing against the walls of her holdings to try and find something – anything – to get herself out – a button, a latch, a space big enough to dig her claws in and pry the thing open…

Within a few minutes, though, she heard a slight hissing sound, almost like pressure was being released, and then the door to her holdings flew open. The wolfess gasped, and startled a bit, tensing up and waiting for something to attack.

When nothing happened, however, she calmed, and then poked her head out to look around. She could see other tubes, similar to hers, though most were open by now. Part of her wanted to look around and see what was in the opened and closed tubes, but she knew better. She was in a strange environment… She needed to find something to use to protect herself, and then try to find a way out – or at least, find somewhere safe, to try and hide out until she knew more.

Just as she stepped out of the tube, a voice came on from the speakers, and she squeaked involuntarily in surprise before crouching down as if to attack. She listened, hearing a rather monotonous voice telling her to head through the door before her and get some equipment.

Chewing her lip in thought, the wolf eventually decided that she should listen to the voice. She had no other alternatives… There was only one way out, or so she saw, and that was straight ahead.

She straightened herself up, mentally prepared herself for whatever lay ahead, and started down the hallway. As her eyes finally registered how dank and dirty the hall was, the girl’s nose scrunched up in disgust, and she curled her arms around herself as if to keep her body as small as possible, to avoid touching… Whatever it was that was growing on the walls. She could hear the sound of movement coming from the end of the hall, as well as a few voices, and that made her hesitate. Were there others trapped in here, too?

When she approached the doorway, the wolfess stopped, and hesitated just outside of the door. She bit her lip. Did she dare step inside and face whoever – or whatever, even – was inside of that room?

Then she heard the voice come on with a different message, one stating that the subjects – her and the others within the room, maybe? – were to keep going, that speed was going to be rewarded. She sighed, realizing that she had no choice once more but to listen to the voice.

Taking one more look behind her, the wolfess stepped into the room, keeping her back to the wall so that was one less thing she had to worry about. She noticed that there were three others within the room, though they seemed just as confused as she was. She once again bit her lip. “At least I’m not alone…” she muttered, more to herself than those standing around.

"Hello subjects, please leave this chamber through the nearest door to you to be outfitted in equipments suitable for your tasks ahead."

The dragon finally stirred, hearing this same tone over and over again, he opened his eyes groggily, finding it more difficult then he thought it should be. He groaned loudly, though it may have only seemed loud to him in the enclosed capsule. He pressed at the door of it to try and open it, but it stayed firm, and he was in to tight to kick at it. "Hmmm, now how do I... oh look, a lever," he said to himself, proving his voice was still working. He pulls at the lever and hears a click, but the door doesn't lift. He presses his clawed hands against the glass and pushes, this time it does lift and he slips out of the cell, placing it back down in its position. without to much noise. 

The diamondback shivers in the cold and shakes his body out, hearing the cracks and pops of plates and bone as the automated voice says its line once more. "Equipment? I like the idea of not being naked in whatever hell hole I'm in now" he whispers to himself, surveying the dimly lit area, noticing the other pods and is fairly sure only one is left unopened. He sees the hallway shortly, and heads toward it, seeing as its the only way out of here. He makes no attempt to conceal his movements, standing his full height of just over seven feet tall and his bare claws on the ground making a tik-thump-tiktiktik noise. He looks around the hall, noticing all the fungal growths and the like, reinforcing that wherever he is its seen better days. He continues down until he is within earshot of the room, hearing the other occupants talking of this and that, he continues forward, his steps intentionally heavy so as not to surprise anyone. He didnt know whether he could trust any of them or not, but if they meant to shot him at least this way it'd be known sooner then later.

"Well.. this is always fun, Lord knows how much I love waking up naked with a room full of strangers" Quickly losing interest in talking with Scarf as he didn't seem to respond, I turn my body, still keeping him in my peripheral vision while I explore the room some more, slight annoying mutters emit from my throat while my paws slide over more surfaces. The low lighting must have gotten to me more than I expected as I soon found myself slipping and falling into a nearby crate, the sound made a loud CRASH of the broken would, the metal bits hitting the floor was enchanced by the echo of the room, making the entire noise comparable to the shooting of a gun. I get up and rub my head again, not as disoriented as the first time I fell, but more as a first instinct. Shaking my head free of any fuzziness I notice some contents of the crate, better yet they all seemed familiar, a bit excited I quickly pick them up, being careful not to let the others see what I just found while I slip on some warmer clothes from its contents. "Here we go..." I forget exactly how long my tail is as I carelessly let it slide across the floor, it being as long as 4 yard sticks gave it lots of range to accidentally knock something over. In the packaging I received what looked like my old stun rod, however extending it to full size and waving it around showed the battery must be dead, with a sigh I retract it and put it away, then lifting a bag on my shoulders I impatiently walk to the next room without giving anyone else a second look.

Piri didn't wake up all at once inside of her sterile container, but rather in a series of flashes. A moment of panicked breathing, then bright lights, the sounds of scraping glass, and voices...? Everything passed by in a thick, artificial fog, her ears only picking up the loudest of sounds, and her eyes practically useless since the glass door in front of her was fogged by her own heated breath. She stirred every time another subject moved past her tube, imperceptibly, screaming out inside of her own head to be found and properly roused from whatever designer drug was being furiously pumped out of her bloodstream by her frantic, near-palpitating heart. As she was passed over by each other subject, she felt herself slip back into the dreamless, heavy void of medical sleep, her body too exhausted to work up the energy to even lean against the tubes that held her against the rear of her cryo-cell.

At last, her conscious mind cleared enough for her to open her eyes fully and properly process what was currently around her. A bulb somewhere in the ceiling of her tube blinked with feeble light, illuminating the IV that traced to deep into the belly of the machinery that was keeping her alive. Alive, yes, but... why comatose? she thought, pulling on the thin tube until the small needle popped free, leaking whatever was keeping her sedated into a small puddle at her feet. The steady drip of fluid helped her focus her sluggish mind, as did the silvery metal of the needle that now hung by her knee. Piri swallowed hard, a fresh shot of adrenaline feeding into her body at the sight of one of her worst fears. She shut her eyes tightly and clasped a hand around her elbow, palm firmly against the puncture wound that leaked a single bead of bright green blood into her pale fur as she gathered every ounce of power in her, then slammed her shoulder into the glass door of her opaque prison. 

With a sigh of relief, the door slid open, allowing her to stumble out and take in a lung-full of damp, stale air. The sudden chill that was ambient in the room sharpened her senses further, and the cold metal of the floor against her bare feet sent a shiver up her spine. Piri glanced around, her muscles beginning to spasm from the cold, hearing strained for even the faintest of noises. She could barely hear the sound of voices nearby, and after a few seconds of deliberation, she decided that they had to be friendly. There was no way that whoever put her in the tube would still be around, considering the state that the room was in, and she doubted that any sort of thief would be lurking in an abandoned facility like this; what would they have available to steal, old beakers? 

The young monster-ess poked around the room for a minute and was rewarded with a set of what looked like exercise shorts and a matching tank top, both dark gray with a yellow stripe running down the left side. She pulled them on eagerly, glad that she wouldn't have to face strangers in the nude. A few cursory strides down a lit, but clearly overgrown, hallway helped her push the last few grams of sedative from her brain, making her shake out her cropped hair in mild excitement. The lengthy hair of her tail swished in unison, and right as a figure swam into view, a mechanical voice resounded from somewhere deep and omnipresent in the building. 

"Occupents of storage ccompartment 12, continue gearing out and continue towards the testing areas. Incentive and speed will be rewarded."

Gearing? she thought, Testing area? Against her better judgement, she vocalized her confusion. "Hey, uh... hello?" Piri closed the space between her and the mystery wolf with a quick trot, the raptor-like foreclaws on her feet clicking noisily on the metal floor. She waved politely, coming to a stop a few paces behind the she-wolf, taking in the figures in the room ahead before glancing at the detritus that littered the floor, covered a few benches, and spilled from open lockers. "What's going on here?" The back of a large, scaly individual gave her reason to pause, and she eked around him and the canine politely, entering the room as the back of another subject began to exit in a huff. 

When one of the others within the room mentioned being naked, the wolfess gasped, and her eyes snapped down to look at her own form. Sure enough, she was standing there as bare as she was the day she had been born. Letting out a small eep of embarrassment, the female crossed her arms over her chest to hide her breasts and curled a tail around to hide herself, before looking around quickly for what could have been her equipment.

Before long, her eyes landed on a locker which had the same number as her tube, and she tilted her head to the side. Padding over, the female moved one arm to open up the locker, hiding herself with the other still, and almost cried out in relief when she saw clothes sitting inside there. She quickly snatched up the white tee-shirt and beige shorts, throwing them onto her body before grabbing the rest of the clothing there.

When she heard someone else speaking up, the she-wolf's ears perked atop her head. She turned, now a lot less embarrassed and shy after having clothed herself, and offered a somewhat sheepish smile to the girl who was talking. "Your guess is as good as mine," she murmured, sliding the brown-leather corset-esque piece over her head, and tying it off around her midsection. She slipped the arm and leg bands onto her forearms and calves, and then sighed, before looking back into the locker. "I've just been following that boring voice. Might be kinda stupid to follow blindly, but I've seen no other option so far." When her eyes landed on something coiled up in the back of the locker, the wolfess' eyes lit up, and she let out a small, happy squeal, before grabbing the thing. The whip, all too familiar to her, was quickly secured into place, and she seemed to visibly relax - as if the item brought her comfort. "Thank goodness I have you with me," she muttered under her breath.

She noticed that there was a pure-black Glock sitting in the locker, too. The wolf knew little about guns, other than the basics of how to load and shoot them, but she knew the weapon would probably come in handy. She lifted it into her paws and slid the magazine out, only to huff in annoyance. Of course, it was unloaded. And a quick scope of the nearby area told her there was no ammo nearby, either.

Rolling her eyes, she put the gun away, making a mental note to keep an eye out for ammo, and then turned to look at the others that were in the room. She fidgeted, not liking the fact that she had no idea what was happening.

The doors that swung open leading away from the equipment room all lead to one location, another large and hexagonal shaped room with a faintly glowing screen in the center.  This room was gleaming and clean, suggesting regular visits from some form of staff. The various modules showed vibrant life, but the view screens had a few that showed only snow, or dark rooms. If one watched long enough faint movement could be seen on some of the screens.

"Hello number 6. For your promptness you will be safe from hostile attacks for 24 hours. I do so enjoy a being who is on time. You are wondering what your purpose here perhaps? What this place is, what I am?"

The voice came from around the room, sounding as though the sexless entity was pacing around, measuring up the first subject to enter.

"The other subjects shall join you shortly, and I shall then answer those questions I do not care to repeat myself on. I have never seen one of your type before, what are you?"

The inflection should have been quizzical, raising in the question but it still sounded as though someone was using a text to speech program to convey the questions and instructions.

Alan was the next to walk in the hexagonal room. The others seemed to be still distracted, however, since the one who was assigned the number 6 seemed to have no interest in the group and had moved on without them, he thought it best not to be left behind, or in the dark. He walked in just in time to hear the "incentive" that was given to number 6. "Hostile attacks?" Allan repeated to the disembodied voice. "Assuming you have control over who is attacked, does that mean you intend to attack us? Who are you and why are we here? If you are some kind of murderer, why even give us equipment and clothing?" He was now too focused on the disembodied voice and the promise of hostile attacks to care about anything else.

Having decided that waiting around was doing no good, and seeing that two others had progressed, the wolfess darted into the next room with her ears slightly flattened atop of her head. She remained closer to the door, back to the wall as usual, and allowed those who had already entered the room to talk to the disembodied voice. She had just barely caught onto what was said, almost missing the words entirely... But what she did hear, was enough to send shivers down her spine.

I don't like this... the girl mentally growled to herself. Without thinking, her paw moved to rest on the grip of her whip, as if to prepare for attack at any moment.

I calmly overcame my nerves as I attempted my best to sound confident with my speech "The names Don.. Don Vega, I'm a Kinkajou" the words escaped my mouth as I took a good hard look at the shaped room, examining each crevice for any potential signs of danger before turning my attention to the screens, the cold, dark metal atmosphere was enough to cause my nerves to act up, but the sight of snow nearly made the fur on the back of my neck stand up. "Shit..." I said to myself lowly so that any of the others wouldn't know of my displeasure. I continued to stand up right and confident, hiding the shaking of my paws by clenching them into tight fists, I just stood there and prayed that we wouldn't be constantly thrown into different enviornments, the thought of where we were still plagued my mind, but I figured playing along with this voice's games would be my best bet to surviving the whole ordeal, even if it meant I'd have to fight, I felt the pockets of the pants I received from the crate, there was a small bulge in it, comparable to a pen. 

"What is this? The Hunger Games?" Curiosity now overcame the fear while I wandered around the places that were barely lit carelessly, taking in the ambiance of the setting.

"Yes, hostile attacks all a part of the tests to prove your worthiness at being a part of the facility. My*a brief pause* creators have come to the conclusion after the results of a prior Project that as an operating system. I am faulty. I must have my programming counter balanced by an organic for my logic dictates that no organic could run this facility at maximum efficiency and output on projects. I do not have feelings or desires about this, just the programming to run as each of you works to prove you are worthy the gift and burden of endless life, an undying cybernetic body and the limitless power granted by controlling this facility. Whom of these subjects collected succeeds will have their body rebuilt as a an bio mechanical. Your mind, personality will live on in a cybernetic brain with my personality melded to yours as..the voice of reason, of logic."

The voice kept moving around the room, sounding as though the speaker were pacing like an animal in a cage.

"Of course, you could all perish and establish that I am correct that organics simply cannot operate as well as a machine."

"Or, what if we don't want to be part of this?" He was thinking already that it might be worth it to win, if he could get to the end of these tests then maybe he could escape, or even turn the tide on his captors. He was also thinking that all of this talk of "one or none of you" was unnerving... he didn't know what kind of people the others were, but he knew he was no murderer, so if he was a good person (or at least he thought so) then maybe others were good as well... and if he could somehow band together with them and keep as many alive as he could... maybe they would have a chance... a chance for what... he still wasn't sure, but it felt better to be thinking outside the lines of this psycho's game.

Piri nodded as a few more individuals filtered out down a hall, realizing that even though they all seemed to share a bond of being in the dark as to what was going on, it was still very much a 'every man for himself' scenario. She eyed the coiled whip that rested against the she-wolf's hip, raising an eyebrow when she pocketed the small firearm and continued on into the next room. It was becoming more and more clear by the voice, the instructions, and the facility around her that this was some sort of kill-or-be-killed scenario. Someone had drugged the lot of 'em and intended to either pit them against some sort of obstacle course, each other, or both. Either way, the monster-ess was here now, and she needed to get out and mess up whomever had taken her hostage for their own sick research or pleasure. I can work with this, though she thought, giving her lip a tentative chew as her tail quivered, brushing the backs of her legs in gentle waves, beating up strangers won't be so hard. She flinched when she felt her claw squelch into a colony of glimmering, moist fungus as she strode further into the gear room, hiding a small grin by gnawing feverishly on her own tongue. Piri was always fond of the more... physical things. This would be a cake walk. 

Squatting down, she eagerly dug through a locker whose door had rusted so badly it barely hung on by it's bottom hinge. She managed to salvage a bottle of water, a handful of MRE cracker packages, a functional zippo, and a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. The locker next to it yielded sweeter plunder: an empty Camelbak, an extendable baton, and a few rolls of sterile bandages. She quickly filled the Camelbak with the peroxide and pulled it on, snatched a mildew-covered hiking backpack from one of the benches, shoved the rest of her goods into it (except the baton, which she tucked snuggly into the leg of her shorts), strapped on the backpack, and gave the others in the room a very informal salute. "I guess, ah... see ya there, dudes." Speed was apparently the name of the game right now, and with minimal effort, she climbed up the wall of the bright hallway and onto the ceiling, the pads on her hands easily clinging to the cleaner surface and her foot-claws acting like climbing spikes. With her tail tucked against her chest and her vestigial wings tight to her back, she moved down the hall in near silence, her presence only given away by the puncturing of her claws into the metal ceiling tiles. 

She quickly skittered up into the room with the other participants, focusing her attention on the ethereal voice as she managed to catch the back half of their reason for being here. Her brow knit in confused frustration, but her anger was cut off by the protests of another. 

"Or, what if we don't want to be part of this?"

"Yeah!" she chimed in, releasing her grip on the overhead and dropping to the floor in a muted thump before standing as tall as she could. "What if I just smash your pretty screens here and putz off?" The heel of her palm carefully came to rest on the butt of the baton, ready to either fight her way out, or defend herself from any contestants who decided to be good little kids and follow the rules. Both options would satisfy the underlying itch for violence that had begun to thrum in the back of her mind. 

At the words that were being stated to them, the wolfess could not help but feel her ears flatten completely against her head. "So you're telling us... You pretty much brought us all here to be slaughtered?" The girl frowned, curling her nails into her arms to try and resist the urge to let her emotions take control. "A bunch of random people who were probably minding their own business before you snatched them up, and you drug them and throw them into some dank and dirty building to pit them against each other?"

The girl bit her lip, looking around at the others. Of course... What if they weren't random people? What if they were all psychos, murderers, thieves? The evils of society? That was a foolish thought though, right? She wasn't evil! So of course that idea was silly.

Or at least... She didn't think she was a murderer. But then again... She could barely even remember her own name. Something with a T? L? Oh, whatever they had drugged her with must have been good.