Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Razi

Project Goliad

The dragon looks around the for any sort of usable gear, not really expecting much due to his size and that of most of the other 'subjects'. Still, looking proved useful, he came across a pair of dark blue jeans that looked like they were meant for a shorter, rounder man. But the waist would work with a belt, and he'd show off more ankle then normal pants.He dug around in some other areas, rewarded by his efforts with a small back pack, a tomahawk, and packaged bandages. He looked over bag a moment, then un-did the straps and looped them into his belt, tightening it and tying the excess around his thigh. Happy with what he had at the moment, he followed the group into the next room as the voice makes its grim announcement. 'Bad to worse' he thought,looking around the area, searching for any points of ambush now that he knew he was in a hostile area. He scans up and down, looking for any access ports or vents though not seeing much from the ever dim lighting. He focuses on his other senses, taking a deep breath and smelling the air, thick with a moldy smell, listening he notices a constant hum, probably the machinery of whatever hell this is. As he is searching about he notices hot spots, probably the venting system above, and he tries to focus each person in on their individual heat signatures, just in case. 

He looks over to the questioning wolf, thinking over the question, 'Is there a way out, or is this thing death or glory... or death or kinda death' he thought grimly, not sure which of the options is truly better.

Rather rude and jumpy. Amazing first impressions that Rafael got from the one who asked him who he was, failed to wait for him to respond, and quickly moved on. The voice did say time was of the essence, and so the Raccoon shrugged, gathering up supplies from what lay around him, pants, for starters, a shirt, a rag that he fashioned into a scarf of sorts... then the more interesting things... armaments.

From the bullets that populated the corners of the room, the raccoon guessed that there would be a gun somewhere, from the rather clandestine movements of the long tailed clutz, he supposed one of the guns had been found, and was in Donuts possession. Not much time, as he supposed with the emphasis being put on haste... well, he'd just have to pick up what he could, pocketing the bullets as he found them, before settling on something much more... immediatly useful. A long knife, an odd curve to the blade, perhaps used for cutting wood or something. He remembered his father having one, so there was that. 

The mention of the hunger games caused him to frown and take a bit more serious look for things to arm himself with, causing him even to slip on a pair of shoes shoes stashed int he bottom of one of the open lockers, as well as an extra knife, smaller, better concealed, incase he was asked to disarm or his fellow subjects turned against him.

Standing up, brushing himself off, and taking an extra second to glance around, spotting a jackel headed man in his sweep of the room, he offered a hand. "We don't want to get left behind... just in case this turns out to be dangerous... I think it'll be prudent if we both have someone we can count on to watch eachother's back, no?" He said, a quick flick of his tail and twitch of his ears as he caught the voice behind him, ensuring safety from violence... he frowned. "Yeah, this is going to be a bumpy ride..." He chuckled, rooting around on his way out, finding a backpack filled with unknown objects... something to be checked later, probably in privacy.

He strode into the room, catching something about smashing monitors, immortality, and mostly, having the personality melded.

"... Well, is there an opperunity to turn down immortality"

The jackal-headed man watched the crowd filter into the room, quite the variety of species. Their general air of confusion was at least consistent, as would be expected of anyone emerging from stasis. He sized each one up from his vantage point, trying to get some measure of what they would be capable of. None of them seemed particularly aggressive or violent, though there were some physically imposing specimens there. He watched some of them pass into the next room at the AI's beckoning. His tall ears swiveled in the direction of the voice as it stated its intentions, and the possible reward. Immortality...but at the price of sacrificing one's flesh for a machine body....mind melded with that of this intelligence that ran things here. A tempting offer to many, he was certain of that.

He knew he had to move on as part of this experiment, but he wasn't certain if he wanted to give up his anonymity, preferring to just watch from the shadows and see what sorts of tests the others would have to go through. But then he saw the raccoon there, looking right at him. His cover blown, he let out a sigh and took the raccoon's hand, helping him up so he was standing at his full height. "Danger is guaranteed, yes." he replied. He made certain that his belt was secure in place, keeping his kilt up. All of his selected equipment was stowed away comfortably. "But perhaps it would be a good idea to look out for each other. We do have a lot of competition for this prize, yes."

He stepped out towards the door, following the rest of the group but staying just in front of the raccoon. He looked around the new room, eyes scanning for any obvious weaponry or possible exits. Should the dragon get a glance of him, he'd notice a lack of an obvious heat signature; the jackal's skin seems to be room temperature. Padding up behind the rest of the crowd, he looked over the other unwitting participants in this strange game as he listened for further instructions from the AI. The fear, the cynicism, the hostile posturing, it was a curious collection of creatures. Perhaps in the trials ahead he would see why they were chosen.....

"Alright then! I suppose you can stop wasting our time now and get on with it" I say loud and confidently, spreading my arms out, walking in a small circle as if I'm expecting to be attacked. I could tell no one else felt like talking at all, maybe they were afraid too. This game me a feeling of comfort, probably being the shortest at only 4"10. I chose to take this opportunity to take advantage of everyone's silence, and assert a baring of dominance, maybe just enough so I wouldn't be singled out as the weakest looking !one, with that in mind. the attention of my eyes quickly lock on the jackal headed being. Looking at it's body I couldn't help but think I've seen it somewhere. Maybe in a text book during high school? "So! Exactly how long were you planning on staying low key, slenderman?" The look in my eye is that of annoyance, but always curiosity. I was without a doubt the youngest one in here, I had to make them believe that I could hold my own. Then.. I scan the rest of the room, asking a similar question to the small crowd. "Anyone gonna say anything? Maybe what you remember before you got here? Did we doing something bad? Is this punishment? Fuck up someones future, jay walked too many times, ran a red light, accidentally killed a fucking lady bug, something?!"

As the smallest of the group started talking, looking at the crowd with annoyance in his eyes, the wolfess' eyes narrowed, and she snorted at him. "Please," she mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest, "I can't even remember my own name, and you're asking me to remember what might've gotten me into this situation? All I remember is waking up in a freaking tube, and then being corralled into several different rooms like a bunch of livestock. If I did do something terrible, I won't remember it."

"Smashing the screens would do as much as destroying your monitor would effect the operations of your computer." The androgynous voice responded to the threat of destruction evenly. "Opting out is not an option, unless you wish to do so with the cessation of your biological functions, which would take but a moment to grant if all subjects present feel unanimously."

The banks of screens kept showing the different sections of the compound, the faint signs of movement increasing slightly off frame on several.

The voice trailed off when subject 6, the kinkajou begins asserting himself, accosting the other subjects as to what they recalled.

"Loss of memory is not uncommon a response from awakening from the Bio-Pods, each of you agreed to be a part of this project when approached by field agents. Perhaps in time your memories will return."

At the news that each of them agreeing to be here, the smaller monitors filled with their faces, all save for Alan's his face was missing from the interview footage.

The sound eventually muted on the videos and the voice returned.

"Based on your individual unique psychologies, capabilities and psyches there are wings awaiting your trials. If you so desire to go in groups you will not be stopped from doing so. You will a tug once you assent to testing by vocalizing that will direct you towards your goal. This tug will come from a series of implants placed in your bodies for tracking and other purposes."

"I await your decision."

Piri grinned at the ranting of the Kinkajou, sliding the baton out of her shorts and giving it an experimental twirl between her fingers, the deadly sections still tucked neatly inside the handle. "Oh, I done some nasty things." she cooed, a grin splitting her face near in half, her bright green split tongue running over her lower lip while she let out a low, slow chuckle. "You can bet your fluffy rear end on that."

She winked at the small mammal before turning her attention to the screen that she would have gladly bashed in. While seeing footage of herself speaking to an off-camera individual she didn't recall was a bit strange to her, she felt comforted by the fact that this invasion of privacy and safety was at least consensual. That is, assuming she had been told exactly what she was getting into. Piri had no problem remembering her name, but anything after age 5 eluded her, which was frustrating enough to make her tap her left foreclaw in annoyance. 

After a brief pause that followed the cessation of the machine's speech, Piri nodded and flicked out the baton to it's full length. "Alright Speak N' Spell, I'll bite. Let's do this. Drinking the Kool Aid with these strangers doesn't sound more appealing, anyway." She nodded respectfully to the remainder of the group. "I mean, don't get me wrong, normally I'm all for mass suicide, but I think today I will choose the lesser of two evils." The femme-monstrosity spread her arms wide and tilted her head back, eyes shut to the oppressive foreshadowing that this facility, and it's ringmaster, had been thus far spoon feeding to all of the subjects. 

"Bring it on."

"It doesn't look like we have much of a choice." He responded loud enough for others to hear, but still to himself. He had ignored the one who called himself a 'kinkajou's prodding question as for one, he didn't know and for two he did not like information being demanded of him from people he didn't know, or demanded anything for that matter. He watched as the moniters flashed the faces of the different subjects, however, he couldn't see one of his own. Was he truly there against his will? Perhaps he had just not seen it. All the sudden, that word started to echo in the corner of his mind again. This wasn't the time! He had to pay attention! He shook his head and rested his forehead against his hand.

Thankfully the loudmouthed girl with an attitude provided a distraction. He couldn't help but chuckle at the 'speak n spell' reference, however, he made a mental note not to trust Piri. 

"Alright, well then, im not delaying anymore, if you guys want to go with option two, be my guest." He turned back toward the center of the room, his eyes somewhat going up toward the ceiling since he couldn't pinpoint the voice "Alright computer, what is the next step?"

I stop myself to watch her play around with this baton, something in the back of my head clicked. I'm not sure what, but almost a memory possibly. One thing was certain. whatever that weapon is, I must have some kind of experience using it, otherwise it wouldn't have garnered my attention for so long. How could I know it was even a weapon? Something didn't quite check out with this Piri girl, but I was in no condition to confront her, and if a fight was birthed from the confrontation I was definitely in no condition to fight. Something told me it would be a mistake, instead I chimed back in "Watcha got there..?"  "So what? Does everybody have some kind of secret weapon their hiding?' I became severely annoyed, but none the less, like everyone else I wanted this over with. I quickly followed up after Hiro, ignoring his exact words but knowing we must have been on the same page "Yeah motherboard, what exactly are we being tested for? Might as well start now before one of us gets an idea"  I couldn't help but pass a suspicious glance at the girl named Piri, again something didn't check out right.

As she watched herself on the monitor, speaking to someone off-screen, the wolfess could not help but shudder in fear. After all, she had no memory of this, yet there she was. Unless this was some sick joke using really convincing CGI effects, that was all the proof she needed to convince herself this was all consensual.

Of course, that did not mean she liked it.

Letting out a sigh, the girl scratched the back of her head, and flattened her ears a bit. "Though I don't wanna go along with your game, at least if I listen to you, I can try to live," she muttered, supposedly to the computer, though it sounded more like she was stating it to herself. Her ears perked a bit at the thought of going in groups - strength in numbers, right? Even if they're strangers? - but she had a feeling a lot of the people here would not be too keen on joining forces.

Before she could ask what was next on the computer's plans, or why they were being tested, the other victims all spoke up, and she decided to bite her lip so as to not repeat the question.

The dragon stands behind the rest of the group, mostly ignoring the kinkawhatever ranting about the past and how unfair this all was, he was sure complaining wouldnt help there situation much. He turns to the monitors, watching the screen with him on it. A dark room with a single chair and table. He remembered vaguely being in that room, Though to say he agreed with being attached to a machine or die trying is another thing entirely. Still, dying wasn't in his list of shit to do today. He folded his arms across his chest, more then a little unsettled at the thought of implants being set in him, but nothing really he can do about that now, and with any luck this 'tug' may prove beneficial. He turned his attention to the hyena...thing. He didnt really know how to describe the odd creature at all, but her words gave him an idea of her character, and he wasn't sure whether he liked her or not at this point. He looked over to the wolf when he spoke, liking the idea of moving forward with whatever this is, vice standing still and waiting for god knows what. He taps his ax with a claw when the kink thing mentions weapons, "There was plenty'a this's and that's in da las' room" he said, first time he spoke to the group yet, "Anyways, le's get this thing movin', if somethin' plans on killin' us I'd ratha find't before it finds us." he said, slapping the flat of his ax in his palm for emphasis.

The jackal-headed man looks down at the kinkajou.....and considering that he is a good two and a half feet taller than the little furry being, he has a ways downward to look. Red eyes glow under their own power as he meets the creature's gaze, answering, "I was being cautious, yes. I am uncertain of my surroundings and how I got here, so I want to be certain of who else is here with me. As the computer said, we were all selected for different reasons. And there is a prize to be won. So in such a competition one would be best to be aware of what kind of threat the other competitors pose." He gave a pointed glance at the hostile female who busy posturing with her baton. He turned to look at the multiple screens, seeing each individual there being interviewed for the challenge....except for the notable exception. He kept his hands folded behind his back, fingers laced together eyes and ears quizzically flicking about his surroundings, not letting any of his own inner tension show.

Perhaps it was all a game as far as he was concerned.

Yet at the mention of tracking devices....and other sorts of implants....one of his hands let go of the other and self-consciously felt along his chest and down his abdomen, then over the top of his skull and down the back, dipping down behind his collar and searching about his corded neck, feeling for any healed-over points of incision. The mystery of just what was placed inside of him was just nearly as unsettling as the thought that anybody was inside of him in the first place. This part of the game's rules put him at a significant disadvantage.

"I might not recall our meeting..." he spoke towards the AI's central screen, "But I must have agreed to this for good reason. Do go ahead and lead me to whatever challenge you find suitable for my talents. I do look forward to finding out more about you, my dear....."

"A.G.N.E.S or Artificially Generated Neuron Environmental Systems. The subjects have made a unanimous decision."

A faint chime sounds, the sound reverberating through each of the gathered individuals. The echos extending far longer than possible from the single musical tone, sending faint vibrations through their bodies.

"Implants activated and calibrating."

The humming drone slowly faded away.

"There are three operational wings that I have allocated for the testing of subjects. These tests are to determine your physical, mental and psychological prowess and suitability for becoming the physical embodiment of the power and knowledge of this facility, your problem solving and allocation abilities. Think of it as a resume. Not everyone is suited for having their psyche pitted against cold logic each day of the rest of their existence."

"My creators wanted to ensure I would not be able to subvert the personality of the being that passed all the tests, that they would be able to not only resist me but over ride me if a decision required it. The wings await your entrance, you will feel a tugging sensation in your sternum indicating which wing you are expected to go in to."

Three large sections of the hexagonal room slide up into the ceiling. The passageways beyond identical aside from the direction they branched off. One curving to the left,one to the center and the last to the right. 

"You may begin."

I've had enough dealing with these losers, my arms still crossed while my cap continued to completely hide my eyes, I stepped up first and walked over to one of the tunnels waiting for the sensation that was indicated. Completely ignoring my own interview on screen, I didn't want to see it, was there any way that I actually agreed to this? Bah.. whatever, I walked over to the next one, still felt nothing. That left one last entrance, I wasn't sure if I would see the others again, and something told me it would probably be best that way, However a feeling deep in my gut told me I might as well get used to their faces for now. Upon approaching the last gate, I winced feeling exactly what the computer warned me of. "I guess this one's mine then.." I looked back at the mess of an ensemble and does a 2 finger salute as I walk into the cave "Catch you all on the flip side!"

As much as the kinkajou annoyed him, Allan decided to go the same way. He didn't stop to see if the tugging was pulling him the right way, but he knew that that person was the one the computer promised would be free of any attacks for 24 hours. Following him meant one of two things, either his chances were better and their path would be safer, or the path was just as dangerous and his chances were worse because everything would be going after him and ignoring the kinkajou completely. He decided to hold on to hope and follow him. Not waiting for anyone else and not wanting to be late to anything else, seeing as the cost for doing so could very well mean life or death.

Piri winked at the large reptile. "I like you. You're a real go-getter, I can tell." She tapped the handle of her baton against her temple, then pulled out the mouthpiece of her Camelbak and gnawed on it thoughtfully, keeping it tucked in the corners of her lips so she could still speak fairly clearly. She waved flirtatiously to the jackal when he cast a glance her way, then she turned her attention to the she-wolf. "If we are picking teams, you're more than welcome on mine. Ladies gotta stick together, eh?"

The trembling tone of whatever implants were in her chest made her feel like sneezing and sent a shiver up her back, and without really thinking, her free hand gently prodded at her ribs while she looked over the three doors that had just opened themselves to the subjects. "Damn my eyes..." she muttered under her breath, squinting to see if she could make out any details of what lay beyond the matte finish of the sterile door frames. With a flourish of her wrist, she snapped out the baton to it's full length, then used it to play a quick game of 'eenie meenie miney mo' between her current path options. Piri didn't much care for leaving the fate of her continued existence up to a child's playground game, but it was all she could think to do when set loose in a comparatively open area. Her weapon indicated the center door, and after walking forward, a touch of pressure behind her lungs agreed with her choice. "Huh, lucky guess!" she grinned, tightening her grip on the baton while her other hand reached back and began searching in her pack for the zippo.

Once her fingers closed around the cool metal surface of the lighter, she turned to the remaining folk and glanced at each of them individually, leaning on the doorway with her shoulder. "So, who's coming with me?" The critter tried her best to look approachable by rocking back and forth on her heels for a moment, tilting her head towards the hall that sprawled behind her. 

Akai gave Piri a skeptical look. He wasn't so keen on teaming up with anybody here, not knowing any of their talents. Or the liabilities that they might present. But he saw the possible benefit in that someone who was particularly bold....that they might be more likely to spring traps. If there were any hostiles, they might be able to deal with that before any harm could come his way. He made a clicking noise in his muzzle with his tongue....a moment of indecision.....and then he felt that tugging in his sternum. His fingers reached up and stroked at that spot where he felt the tug, again searching for any incision.....but not finding any. "I really don't like that you were mucking around inside of me." he muttered just above his breath. "Time to find out what makes you tick, yes. Let's see what you've laid in store for me."

With another glance cast around the gradually-dispersing crowd, he set off straight ahead for the center tunnel. He glanced at Piri again with a light snort, "Let's not waste any time then.....", he said as he strode ahead. If she followed him, fine. She could be entertaining. She could be bait. If she doesn't, then just as fine. He could figure out things on his own....he was quite sharp, he liked to think. And if the beast got in his way....that would be her mistake.

I payed no attention the wolf that followed after me in my footsteps, without a doubt confronting him about his choice could escalate into an altercation and seemed near useless, atleast I wasn't going in alone. I only prayed that this area I was willing throwing myself into was one I could take advantage of. Give me trees or anything else I could climb on and I could easily out maneuver and overpower any of these losers. I feel around one of my pockets, still feeling that small lump in it, for some reason it gave me a sense of security. I was more than ready for whatever lay ahead, especially knowing I received a 24 hour safety from attack of whatever this twisted person wanted to throw at us. I couldn't say the same for the guy behind me, but his safety was not my problem. I was only here to look out for me.

Rafeal frowned to himself for a moment, hearing that they may have mucked with his interior... he didn't feel any different... so they'd done a good enough job at it, though that they'd done it without his remembering it... well that was something a bit different.

The jackel from before took off down the center tunnel, he figured the best way to keep his word about watching the others back would be to follow him, and with any luck, hope for the same... as it stood, he wasn't likely to risk himself unduly in the name of a stranger. He was nice, not stupid. "And that makes three... lucky number that.. well, mine anyway." He chuckled, before doing a quick count. If the girl Piri was inviting to come along with joined as well, that'd make four in the group, at that point, the most superstitious of the lot was already dead.

He smirked lightly at the monster thing, "Yea, I guess I am," He walked up to her, feeling a strange and unpleasent feeling from his chest as he approaches. "I'm Bane Gadsen by th' way, looks like we're goin' th' same way" He walks past her a bit and peering down the hall, again looking for any points of ambush. "So she can just slide the walls up, tha's not exactly fair." he thought aloud, starting to slowly walk down the hall, not turning to see if any others were following yet. 'Still, I can see the hot piping in the wall, so I at least know where a door cant be' He thought. He  kept that to himself, not wanting to reveal his heat detection just yet, if thing's turned bad he didn't want them to know that the dark wouldnt affect him near as much as they may think. "Ya'll comin?"

"Run boy-o, run!" the creature jeered, watching the jackal make his way past their little group and further into the hall. She shook her head and snorted, turning her attention to the great big reptile and the raccoon as they each approached her. "Not even giving friendship a chance..." she muttered, knowing full well that whomever she started this journey with could die at any moment, either by her hand or by their trials. Piri hoped for the latter, but the former wasn't something she was entirely opposed to.

"Yes yes, I'm a-comin'. My name is Piri." she said cheerily, taking an experimental swig of peroxide then spitting it onto the ground. It tasted awful, but she was comforted by the fact that the Camelbak was fully functional. "It's very nice to meet you, Bane." She took one last glance at the she-wolf, frowned slightly in disappointment that all of the other subjects were coming ahead, then turned to proceed down the hall and onward toward whatever their captor had readied for them. Internally, she hoped that the other female would accompany them; she'd much rather have a fellow lady to compete with than a bunch of nasty, smelly boys. She flipped the zippo around in her free hand a few times, then pressed it firmly into the gecko-like pad of her palm, ensuring that it wouldn't go anywhere until she needed to use it. 

"What's your name, my mask-ed friend?" she asked in a slightly lower tone toward the raccoon, beginning to eke down the hall with her baton ready at her side. 

(Wing 1, to the left-filled with a robotics r&d lab where the products have taken over. Some can be reasoned with making this wing one where intelligence, cunning, and tech savvy as vital and any combat expertise. )
(Wing 2- in center, biotech testing grounds. Organic golems, created life, pet projects left long untended as Agnes does not see a purpose to them. Fast response, quick on your feet, knowing when to use physical prowess or stealth.)
(Wing 3, to the right water damage has occurred in this wing permitting sealed areas to malfunction and release components from the other wings into this one. Malfunction machines, starved and crazed creatures, partially submerged areas. This area is best for those looking to discover the secrets of this place at the price of personal safety)(Hopefully this isn't formatted horribly, wanted to give you guys some ground work on what to expect in your respective wings)

Allan felt a little at ease as they came to an opening in the left wing. Thank goodness... machines... robots... electronics. These were things he knew. Robots were logical, they followed rules, he could understand them. However, they could still be dangerous. Robots had lots of rules, and no mercy for things that did not flow along with those rules, however, that made them easy to work around, or even work through. He wasn't sure what was expected of them in this wing, so he pushed passed Donut, and moved forward at his own pace. While being cautious to stay out of the way of these machines daily processes, he made sure to stay observant and keep moving forward. 

The wolfess bit her lip as everyone started heading off, going their own ways and leaving her standing in the middle with no direction or idea of where to go. She shivered, not liking the idea of being left behind, and closed her eyes before taking a deep breath. She hesitated, and mentally went through her options. Several of those people honestly worried her... Who did she feel was the best to follow?

Deciding that there was strength in numbers, the female darted off after the group consisting of Piri and the reptile, and whomever else may have followed them. Piri was... A bit strange to her, but she seemed to be the nicest out of the others... So far at least. She bit her lip, and followed a few feet behind, so as to not impose whatever conversation was already going on.

"My name?" He asked, keeping up his walk with Bane and Piri, after the as of yet unnamed jackal-man. "Rafael... Subject number 3." He added, a little chuckle following the statement of a number. "I'm pretty sure the numbers are more important at the moment though." he added with a weary sigh. His ears flicked up and pointed back at the wolfess who joined the ever growing group, his head turning to glance back at her, meeting her eyes for a quick second before pointing back forward, fingers brushing the hilt of the knife. He really didn't like having someone behind him, not an unknown for sure, not with immortality on the line.

Though... the prize. Eternal life in a synthetic body...? Living forever wasn't his goal in joining, and he found the idea to be rather... repulsive all told. The body likely wouldn't be indestructible, but it likely wouldn't break down... and the winner would be forced to share it with their 'host'. He found that in particular to be the worst aspect. Having his private thoughts lain bare by the cold logic of machinery? It would be an eternity of torture. The solution, of course, would be to play the game for now, and if a non-fatal opt out came up, take it... if not...

His tail flicked in consideration. Having ethics about something was one thing, but he didn't think he could really kill himself to keep from living forever, he'd live through this regaurdless of what was thrown at him, if that meant that he would be forced to face off against those he was now walking with... he could do it. Probably. At least he hoped he could... or did he? An eternity with blood on his hands, the guilt would fade, yes, but that was almost worse than having the bite of doubt ever fresh on his mind.